Board of Education
Board of Education
The Board of Trustees meets the second and fourth Mondays of each month (unless a holiday occurs on that particular Monday) in the Board Room at the district office. Open Session begins at 6:00 p.m.
Board agendas are posted for public view at Lindsay Unified School District, 371 E Hermosa, or by clicking here.
If a disability-related modification or accommodation is requested, please contact Bobbie Velasquez, Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent at (559) 562-5111, extension 5109.
2021-2022 LUSD Board Goals & Priorities
Continuous Improvement of Learner Achievement through the implementation of the Performance Based System
- Ensure the Lindsay High School Math program attains expected academic achievement in all selected measures (ex: SBAC, iReady, IXL, NWEA, and other measures, including pass rate and pace in all math courses)
- Increase the number of K-8 learners demonstrating proficiency in mathematics using the iReady assessment
- Create opportunities for real-life, meaningful learning through extra-curricular and project-based learning designs which allow learners to pursue their interests and experience deeper learning
- Increase the number of learners reading at proficiency on the NSGRA or Lexile and accelerate language acquisition of English Learners as evident by re-designation statistics
- Teach and assess Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), Social Studies, and Lifelong Learning Standards for all learners K-12
- Continue the development of the Empower platform and ensure effective use by leaders and learning facilitators that will lead to improved learner feedback, increased parent understanding of learner progress, and improved learner achievement
Full engagement in the LUSD Strategic Design
- Continue and nurture partnerships with all stakeholders, and share LUSD successes at the local, regional, state, and national level to expose them to the LUSD product
- Expand parent involvement and parent learning opportunities
- Continue to develop the leadership capacity of all district staff
- Create learning opportunities related to equity and diversity that advance the work of developing a more diverse leadership team
Management of District Resources
- Maintain the District fiscal integrity through prudent and responsible use of resources.
- Develop grants to support the District’s goals and needs
- Strategically manage the sustainability and scalability of LUSD resources (programs, facilities, personnel, technology etc.)
Board Approved: January 25, 2021
ABOUT SCHOOL BOARDS