Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute teacher for Lindsay Unified School District. The steps to become a substitute are listed below.
If you have any questions or need assistance with this process, please contact the Human Resources Office at (559) 562-5111, Extension 5123.
Lindsay Unified uses Frontline (formerly AESOP), which is a web-based, automated substitute teacher service. If you are interested in being a substitute, please complete the following:
- Provide verification of a valid Emergency 30-day Substitute Teaching Permit or a Preliminary/Clear Multiple Subject or Single Subject Teaching Credential or other credential issued by the California Commission on Teaching Credentialing.
- Provide a fingerprint clearance certificate through the Tulare County Office of Education.
- Complete a LUSD Substitute Teaching Packet. Packets may be picked up from the Human Resources office Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Submit verification of Tuberculosis (TB) test results.
Note: Once all items are completed, you will be placed on our automated Aesop calling system. Your username and Pin will be provided by our Human Resources Office. We look forward to working with you!
We offer competitive daily and long-term assignments rates for our substitute teachers. For current daily rates, refer to the table below.
Effective January 1, 2023
- Substitutes (including Dual Immersion & Retirees) $ 210.00 (Hourly Rate $30.00 for 7 hour day)
- Long-Term Substitute: After 10 consecutive days in any one position $ 280.00 (Hourly Rate $40.00 for 7 hour day)
Lindsay Unified is always interested in maintaining a list of qualified substitutes. Substitutes in classified positions may include: clerical, food service, instructional aide, special education aide, maintenance/grounds/custodial, student safety monitors, preschool, and/or afterschool program. If you are interested in being a substitute, please complete the following:
Complete a fingerprint clearance through Lindsay Unified.
Complete a LUSD Classified Substitute Packet. Packets may be picked up from the Human Resources office Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Submit verification of Tuberculosis (TB) test results.
Substitute payment is the appropriate range, Step 1 of the Classified Salary Schedule