Lindsay Unified School District welcomes any member of the learner’s family, caring adults in the learner’s life, as well as members of the local community to volunteer. The safety and well-being of our learners is our top priority. For that reason, potential classroom volunteers are required to complete an application form, submit a valid negative Tuberculosis (TB) test certification, and pass a background clearance. The steps to become a volunteer for Lindsay Unified are listed below. If you have any questions or need assistance with this process, please contact the Human Resources Office at (559) 562-5111, Extension 5123.
Process to become a Volunteer in Lindsay Unified:
- Interested volunteers must complete a Volunteer Application available at each school site or at the link below.
- Completed Volunteer applications and negative tuberculosis (TB) skin test results must be sent to site Principal/Program Director for approval.
- With approval of Principal/Program Director, applicants will need to receive a Livescan form by the LUSD Human Resources office to be fingerprinted. Please note, the cost varies depending on the provider, but estimated at $62.00 as of July 2014.
- All Volunteer applications forms, TB results, and confirmation of Livescan receipt shall be sent to Human Resources for record keeping.
- Once the volunteer has been cleared by the Department of Justice (DOJ) and FBI, the school site/department will be notified that the individual is approved to volunteer.
- All volunteers will remain active in the District Volunteer Database as long as there is no break in service. If the District determines that there has been a break in service, volunteers must reapply for volunteer clearance
Note: Please keep in mind that it make take up to a few weeks to be cleared by both the FBI and DOJ. If you are planning on accompanying your child on a field trip, begin the volunteer clearance process well ahead of the field trip date.