...........................back to Transformation Infograph
Lindsay Unified is Becoming Future Ready!
Lindsay Unified School District is committed to work with learners, educators, families, and members of our community to become Future Ready by engaging in a wide range of activities related to President Obama’s Future Ready Initiative:
- Fostering and leading a culture of digital learning within our schools: District leadership teams work collaboratively to transform teaching and learning using the power of technology to help drive continuous improvement. We work together to protect student privacy and to teach students to become responsible, engaged, and contributing digital citizens.
- Helping our learners and community transition to high-speed connectivity: Lindsay Unified School District has built technology infrastructure and developed a sustainable plan to ensure broadband classroom connectivity and wireless access. We work with community partners to leverage local, state, and federal resources to support home Internet access outside of traditional school hours.
- Empowering educators through professional learning opportunities: Lindsay Unified School District strives to provide everyone with access to personalized learning opportunities and instructional experts that give learning facilitators and leaders the individual support they need, when they need it. Lindsay Unified School District provides tools to help learning facilitators effectively leverage learning data to make better instructional decisions.
- Accelerating progress toward universal access for all students to quality devices: Lindsay Unified School District ensures that all learners and educators across the district have regular access to devices for learning. Learners and learning facilitators have opportunities to be active learners, creating and sharing content, not just consuming it.
- Providing access to quality digital content: Lindsay Unified School District continues to align, curate, create, and consistently improve digital materials and apps used in the support of learning. Lindsay Unified School District uses carefully selected high quality digital content that is aligned to common core and college and career ready standards as an essential part of daily teaching and learning. Learning facilitators are able to share, discover, and adapt openly-licensed materials and teaching plans.
- Offering digital tools to help learners and families #ReachHigher: Lindsay Unified School District makes digital resources available that help access expanded college, career, and citizenship opportunities.
- Mentoring other districts and helping them transition to digital learning: Lindsay Unified School District willingly works with other districts to design, implement, and share technology plans. Lindsay Unified School District engages in regional summits and participates in an online Connected Superintendents’ community of practice.
For more information visit http://tech.ed.gov/futurereadypledge/